Marketing development executive - Education service
As the marketing development executive, you will play a critical role in the success of the organization by helping to identify, contact, and educate prospective new customers. This is a hybrid role for someone that is sales-minded and marketing savvy. The marketing development executive works as part of Bay of Life's sales team to meet the collective sales goal for the entire organization. The marketing development executive works closely with campus sales staff to ensure smooth sales transition and an excellent customer experience. This is a job you will love if you want to make a difference in the field of education and also make a living out of it. Come join the first ocean literacy organisation in India, join the fun side of work.
• Generate new business opportunities through outbound telephone, email, direct meetings and social prospecting of schools.
• Maintain minimum daily call and email volume to qualify school leads and build the pipeline for the sales team.
• Achieve or exceed monthly quotas of qualified opportunities.
• Work closely with sales and marketing to develop targeted lists, call strategies, and messaging to drive opportunities for new business.
• Direct sales to areas of greatest need within the organization; the current focus is on growing the programs.
• Conduct market research to determine best areas for targeted outreach.
• Create, prioritize, and qualify strategic target account lists.
• Continuously improve and scale sales prospecting techniques, method, and approach to support growing business needs and objectives.
• Expand customer knowledge of value of environmental education as well as the competitive advantages of the organization.
• Manage lead prospecting and follow-up through the administration of our CRM application.
• Collaborate with marketing to develop lead nurturing campaigns.
• Keep abreast of industry trends and school insight and behavior.
• Work with marketing to define lead scoring and lead generation metrics.
• Collaborate with outdoor science team to ensure seamless customer service and clear hand off of information.
Experience, competencies and education.
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience with at least 3 years of applicable industry experience.
• Prior sales or lead qualification experience in a business to business environment preferred.
• Familiarity with the educational landscape in India, especially peninsular India is preferred.
• Willingness to travel, meet customers.
• Exceptional level of drive and dedication coupled with a positive attitude.
• Well-organized and detail oriented with the desire to track everything you do.
• Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to effectively communicate Bay of Life's vision and competitive advantage.
• Ability to read, analyze and interpret complex legal and financial documents.
• Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office, Gmail applications, and CRM.
Own two wheeler is a must. 4 wheeler driver's licence preferable.
Marketing executives with experience in other industries can also apply: automobile/car marketing executive, fitness class marketing executive, two wheeler marketing executive, real estate marketing executive, bank loan marketing executive, yoga class marketing executive.
Job Type: Full-time
Job Location: Thiruvanmiyur, Chennai and Kovalam, Chennai.
Required language: English
Rs. 3,60,000/- per year depending on ability and experience. Performance based incentive.